Tuesday 21 October 2014

HOMELAND; that's all folks!

Tuesday 21 October 2014

While I'm likely to review a noteworthy episode, and will probably write about the fourth season in general once the finale airs, my weekly reviews of HOMELAND are done. This isn't a strict reflection of Homeland's quality just now (I'm quite enjoying it), just the fact older shows lose that indefinable quality that makes one eager to write about them. And I don't want to sit down and force myself to write hundreds of words about TV episodes I don't feel passionate about.

I will continue to watch Homeland every week, but I don't think I have anything fresh and interesting to say about this year. It's still entertaining to watch, but doesn't give me much pleasure to critique. And why do something you don't find enjoyable without being paid? That's madness. Not writing about Homeland means there's an extra hour to write about something more popular with readers, too.

Sorry if you've enjoyed these reviews over the past four years (I've liked writing them until now), but the lack of comments and page-hits on this new season's blogs also steered my decision towards cutting Homeland loose.